Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Not as important today..

This post isn't going to be about some deep thought I had today...just more so an update to all my friends and supporters. Stuff I really am excited about!

So for the past month or so I have been busy trying to get my life on track. I found a school I really like and I am excited and proud to say I start school August 2nd!!! I found an esthetician program that I can take. The school is only about 15-20 minutes away from my apartment. I've heard a lot of good things about this cosmetology school, and I am so ready to do something I have been talking about for a long time. For those of you who don't know what an esthetician is, it's skin care. Waxing, facials, and make up. I can't wait!! I think I am really going to like it and for the first time in a while, I genuinely feel good about something. I feel like I have goals and that my life will start to have more meaning than just being a widow. I'm proud of myself. 7 months after my husband was killed, I am taking control of my life, and I really think I am going in the right direction. I did it all by myself.. and I am proud of how independent I have become. I think Remi and I are going to be just fine. I feel so good about this.

Exciting update number 2!! My brother is coming for a visit! He will be here Sunday night for an entire week. This will be his first time to Cali and he's been wanting to come out for a visit ever since I have lived here. I know he's going to love it and will fit right in. Sometimes I think my brother would fit in more here than I do! I love California and I am happy and VERY grateful to have the chance to live here, but I really do feel like my brother is meant for a place like this. This was my graduation/birthday present to him. So whatever he wants to do or see while he's here, we will do it!! I want him to enjoy himself and have the time of his life. I am excited to show him my life and what I have been doing. What I see everyday and where my life has been for the past 2 years. Alex is the first person out of my family to come for a visit, and I can hardly wait!! I will be sure to post pictures after his visit.

My exciting update number 3 isn't that exciting. haha. But I am a blonde again. Yes, my hair makes me that happy. I haven't been blonde for a few years, even though it is my natural hair color. Chad always liked my hair dark so I left it that way for a while. I liked it to, but I was ready for a changed. I feel like "Katie" again. The blonde hair, blue-eyed, freckled face Katie. It's the Katie Chad met and deep down that's who I really am. Maybe I am looking to far into this hair thing...haha. I'm thinking too much, surprise surprise!

I really hope everyone is enjoying their summer as much as I am. I'm anxious to get school started and make something out of myself. In 5 months, you can call me the skin lady. :)

10 comments:

  1. You sound so happy!! That's just fabulous! KEEP GOING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your finding your path! Keep up the good work girl! You've been through so much, You deserve good things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for your blonde hair!! You know how much I loved making you super blonde back in the day.... Tear! I am so so very proud of you for starting school! You have always talked about it! I can feel the normal good ol' Katie I know shining through more.... And I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just LOVE your smile in your facebook badge photo. The hair looks great!

    I am starting school OVER at 29, so kudos to you for getting something going a decade before me! LOL. You're gonna be alright, pretty girl. If I could promise, I would, but I can't. I do have a good feeling, though. :) Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How amazing! You are going to love school! I am a cosmotologist and It is such a great field to work in. You are going to make people happy! And I am sure when you need people to practice on all the girls reading your blog will be right there! :)
    Best of luck to you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're awesome, Katie! Good for you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. So proud of you! Yeah Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOO HOO!! Blondes unite!! I, too, went dark for awhile...and then red...and then red with black streaks (which was wicked cool but really bizarre when the blonde started growing back out). I honestly think blondes have the most fun.
    Also...I can't wait to hear about your brother's trip to Cali. I wonder what trouble the 2 of you will get into? ;-D

    ReplyDelete