Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Butterflies

Have you ever heard about seeing a butterfly?

They say that when you see a butterfly, someone close to you that has died is thinking about you. I saw a butterfly today! And at the craziest time and place. Its pouring rain outside, and I had just checked the mail and saw that I had gotten letters from Chad. Which is always bittersweet. I haven't even opened them yet. I'm walking to my front door and for some unexplainable reason I noticed a big black butterfly in the corner of the ceiling in my apartment complex. It was totally out of sight, but for some reason I had happened to look in that exact spot. I just looked and Mandy and said "Its a butterfly!" She asked how I even saw it...all I could think is that Chad had sent that sign to me. My sweet amazing husband is thinking of me today. Most likely thinking of me all of the time...but he wanted me to know today that he definitely is here with me in my heart.

Today was the ceremony for Chads purple heart. It was given to me formally and you can imagine how proud of him I felt. It was harder for me than I thought, but I did my best to keep my head held high for my husband. I am so thankful to have had people there that were so loving and respectful to me. Then on the drive home I got a little choked up listening to the songs that were played at his funeral. Chad must have known I needed a little encouragement today.

As always, my Chadillac never fails to amaze me. He sees my broken heart, and is here to put the pieces back together.

Even better the butterfly must have just came out of its caccoon because when I went back to take a picture I saw the caccoon right next to him. :)


5 comments:

  1. awww Katie... this bought a huge smile to my face! I love the little signs that Chad and God will send you! Chad is with you all the time protecting his beautiful wife. I am so proud of the woman you have become and so thankful to have you in my life!! You are one to look up to. Your strength, courage, and love for Chad will never fail.

    I love you!! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. this made me smile =)
    he is always with you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie- what a powerful writing.. i've got goosebumps! I don't even have the words to describe how this made me feel.. sometimes no words are better than. I want you to know that I have been thinking of you alot :) keep that 'bad mama jama' doggie of yours showered with love...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katie, I don't know you but I came across your blog several months ago and have been checking back in with you ever since. Today I felt compelled to write to you and let you know that your story has really touched me. Even from reading your blog I can see the love you and Chad share. I know he is with you everyday, I hope he continues to show you signs of that. You are in my prayers!

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  5. This totally made me smile! I so glad he is always there with you and you get cute little signs I love it! I will always be thinking of you and chad!

    ReplyDelete