Monday, October 4, 2010

October..another busy month

Wow.. haven't written in here in 2 months! Mostly because we have been so busy, and I'm almost ready to ditch this whole blog idea.. I don't know. I might keep it up just for the sake of having somewhere to escape to while Chad is deployed.


A lot happens in 2 months. A lot of ups and downs. As of right now we are just preparing for Chad's next deployment. And in a weird way, I'm not as much of a mess as I was last time. I guess living this life for the past year gives me a better perspective. I find myself getting agitated when others act as if the world is ending because of deployment. I never thought I would be this way, but I have been pretty optimistic through it all. At least he is only gone 7-9 months, rather than 14. At least this is his last deployment. And I know how fast it flies by. But most important is that I KNOW Chad will make it home safely. I can't quite explain it, but I just have this serene feeling about it all. Other family members that are letting this destroy them, only gets me down. I need to stay optimistic and positive. I wish everyone else could be too. As a USMC infantry wife, I am stronger and wiser, I am so incredibly proud of what my husband does. And just like everything else...This too shall pass. So bring it on!


We recently got home from Pre-deployment leave. In some ways it was nice to be back in Arkansas. Mostly because I knew how much it meant to Chad to be there and see his family and friends. I did see some of my close friends also..I miss them so much. But this is my home. I have built my life up here this past year. I have amazing friends here, our own home, and my little family that I adore. While I was back in Arkansas, I felt suffocated. We weren't in our own place, we didn't have our own vehicle to come and go as we please. Besides I forget how completely different the atmosphere is there. I've always been a city girl. Where everything is fast pace and lots to do. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to raise a family here in Cali, but right now, I prefer it here. Which is odd being how I was so homesick when I first moved here last t October. But at the time, Arkansas was all I really knew. California is an amazing place. Somewhere I never thought I'd have the chance to visit, much less live. I am so lucky to have had this experience, and I hoping that when it comes time to move back to our small town life style, I will be ready. That's one thing I am so scared of. Is moving home...having to start all over. Chad reassures me we will be ok, so I'm keeping faith in his words.

So I am glad to be back, I just wish our time here wasn't so limited.

Oh and on September 18th we celebrated our 1 year anniversary! We've been together for about 2 years and married for 1 amazing year. Wow how time has slipped right through my fingers. It's been amazing and I wonder where we'll be in a year from now. How diffeent we will be and if we will be starting a family. :) Whatever comes at us, I can't wait and look forward to spending the rest of ur lives together.

No comments:

Post a Comment