Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It's been a few days..

Well let's see...
I got my first big project done last week. Well my first big furniture project. I got a free coffee table and spruced it up a little bit. It looks sooooo much better. I'm actually pretty proud of myself. I have to admit, I had no idea how complicated paint is. Ok well, maybe not so much complicated, but detailed. I've never painted walls or any furniture so I literally had no idea. Thank goodness for the man at Lowe's that gave me all the tips and tricks I needed to know. Turns out there's paint you can get where you don't have to sand before using it. That was a huge help! The coffee table turned out great and I can't wait to start using it in our new apartment. Now I want to paint all of the furniture in my house! Here are the before and after pics. I have tinted glass that goes in the 3 squares I just don't have a picture of them in there yet.
BEFORE


AFTER


Things with the apartment are working out little by little. I put in our 30 day notice on the 1st. But we still plan on moving into the new apartments on May 29. That might change, I just have to talk to Chad about that. Slowly but surely its happening and I can't wait to get out of here.

Chad is out in the field til Friday so I wont be able to talk to him all week. Then thankfully that next whole week he will be in a new place where he will get cell phone signal!! Woohoo!! Poor guy has been working so hard and having such a hard time. Less than 3 weeks left! I'm so proud of him.

Today I got done everything I needed to get done, so I went and spent a few hours laying out by the pool. It felt so good and I even started a little tan already :). I hope that by the time Chad gets home I have some nice color to me. Im done using the tanning beds, but I dont mind a little color from the California sun! I can't wait to go lay out again tomorrow. It's like the sun sucked out all of the energy from me, because once I got back home and settled in a little bit, I got so tired. I went and laid in bed at about 7:30 and then woke up right at 11:30. Hopefully I will be able to go back to sleep ok.

1 comment:

  1. I think you did an amazing job! I'm not near as creative or brave as you are. I love what you did with y'all's table and I know it will be amazing in your new place or the one you have. Whichever... :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete